After fulfilling the class ranking entry requirements, new initiates must complete several different tasks in order to become an official Tau Beta Pi member. Please note that these requirements are subject to change at the current time.
- Craft a Bent, the symbol of Tau Beta Pi (details and an FAQ are listed on the following pages).
- Obtain 15 signatures of active members and 15 signatures of faculty Tau Beta Pi alumni.
- Attend a mandatory “Engineering Futures” session.
- Participate in an “Engineering Endeavors” presentation.
- Attend the mandatory initiation.
In addition to completing all these tasks, initiates must pay a one-time $80 initiation fee.
If you are unable to complete all of the requirements in the current initiation cycle, you can pick up where you left off next quarter, provided you are still qualified to be a Tau Beta Pi member.